March 11: Making Oil Extractions, Ointments and Other Topical Herbal Preparations with Michael Vertolli, RH
This workshop covers all aspects of the process of making poultices, compresses, infused oils, liniments and ointments from both fresh and dried herbs, including:
- Understanding different base oils.
- Different methods for preparing oil infusions.
- Herbs that are suitable for oil extractions.
- Jars and equipment.
- Differences between using fresh and dried herbs.
- Using essential oils.
- Comparison with other types of oil-based preparations.
- Using water-based topical preparations such as poultices and compresses.
This workshop will include both lectures and demonstrations of how to prepare, infuse and press fresh and dried herbal oils using different kinds of equipment. Students will receive samples of an infused oil and ointment that are prepared as a demonstration during the workshop.
Date: Saturday, March 11, 2017
Time: 10am – 5pm
Location: Living Earth School, Maple, Ontario.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.livingearthschool.ca/coursedescriptions.html#MOE
To enroll, please go to Registration at Living Earth School www.livingearthschool.ca under Workshops.